|Wednesday, June 22 - TRAIL WORK DAY
Thursday, June 23 - JUNIOR BIKE WEEK KICK OFF PARTY - PRESENTED BY ORANGE SEAL
- 3:00 pm: In partnership with the Crested Butte Development Team, Junior Bike Week will host a family friendly trail work day at the Town of Crested Butte Bike Park. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Please be sure to bring gloves, close-toed shoes, sunscreen and a water bottle. We will meet at Junior Bike Week HQ (Town of Crested Butte Bike Park, located at 1005 9th Street) and get the pump track dialed for the Pump Track Challenge that will be held on Saturday, June 25. Due to the nature of the trail work that we have scheduled for this event, we ask that participants be 10+ years of age.
- 3:00 pm: Enduro courses will be marked today for pre-ride.
- 6:00 pm: Join us for the Crested Butte PREMIERE of Teton Gravity Research: Esperanto - the best mountain biking film to hit the big screen in years! Center for the Arts (606 6th Street) doors open at 6pm with the film starting shortly after 7pm. We will also be opening up our Silent Auction event so you can preview and bid on amazing items and experiences donated by our fabulous local businesses. Bidding will be open until 2 pm on Sunday, June 26.Buy your tickets in advance HERE for $15 or take your chances at the door for $20. We are expecting this event to sell out.
Friday, June 24 - ENDURO & CRESTED BUTTE DEVO MOVIE NIGHT
- 5:00 pm: Junior Bike Week KICK OFF CELEBRATION at the Crested Butte Community School soccer field, located in the event tent at 818 Red Lady Avenue, featuring Live Loop Artist, Wylie Crazy Horse Jones!! We'll have a traditional taco bar prepared by local chef Josephine Kellett, along with summer-inspired mocktails by Sidecar Mobile Bar for everyone. This event is free for all children under 12, as well as Enduro and/or Junior Wildflower Classic participants, and a $35 entry for everyone else. The first 200 guests will receive a commemorative 16 oz Junior Bike Week + Orange Seal Silipint cup that you can use for your mocktail, and throughout the festival, to help us keep as much waste out of the landfill as possible.
- There will also be an amazing Silent Auction where we will have some great items for you to bid on throughout the evening. All proceeds benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports our valley's youngest riders on and off the bike. Bidding will be open until 2 pm on Sunday, June 26.
- 2:00 pm: Online registration closes for the Enduro stage.
- 3:00 pm: All Junior Wildflower Classic race courses will be marked today for pre-ride.
The 2022 Junior Bike Week Enduro Stage has been permitted by the USFS. Stage announcements will be made on Friday, June 17 on our Instagram @Junior_Bike_Week and Facebook @JuniorBikeWek pages.
PRELIMINARY EVENT DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
After the racing, please join us for…
Course will be marked before 3 pm on Wednesday, June 22 with stage announcement on Friday, June 17. If you are not familiar with the trails, it it HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that ALL COMPETITORS pre-ride before race day. We also STRONGLY RECOMMEND knee pads, gloves, and a lightweight Enduro specific full face helmet or similar. Helmets ARE REQUIRED on the pedal transfer.
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION for the Enduro stage. Online registration closes at 2 pm on Thursday, June 23 so we can get start lists race ready.
- 9 am - Noon: Enduro stage race for all categories, courses will be announced the week before the event. This will be the first event of the Junior Bike Week Triple Crown Championships that will combine results in gravity, pump track and cross-country disciplines. This competition was a HUGE success in 2021 so we're stoked to bring it back in 2022!!
- 9 am - 10 am: Athlete Check-In; see details below:
- Race fee for all categories is $60/participant (before June 1, 2022; price increases to $80/participant on this date) and includes Junior Bike Week Kick Off Party entry, exceptional course marking & marshals, medical response, custom race plate with chip timing and your choice of a pair of custom Junior Bike Week wool socks or a beanie hat. This fee can be paid in advance (preferred) by completing online registration or at athlete check-in before departing Junior Bike Week HQ for pedal transfer to race start. Registration for this event must be completed online so we have a waiver on file.
- If your rider plans to compete in the Junior Bike Week Triple Crown Championships, simply select “Yes” for the question “Will you be participating in the Triple Crown Championships?” when you complete registration for any of the three Triple Crown Championship events and we’ll put him/her on the list.
- 10 am: Riders depart Junior Bike Week HQ (Town of Crested Butte Bike Park) for pedal transfer, with their assigned SWEEPS, to race start. Categories will make this transfer together and we will start with 17-18 riders, followed by 15-16, 13-14, 11-12, 9-10 and 6-8.
- Please note that riders will compete in their repective age-group based on their official racing age determined on December 31, 2022. This is consistent with USA Cycling and we hope this transition alleviates some confusion for those that participate in USAC events.
- Riders in the 6-8 age category MUST have an adult with them for safety concerns, NO EXCEPTIONS! This age category will have a shorter, less technical stage than the older categories.
- Race categories for the Enduro event will be the same as the Pump Track Challenge and Junior Wildflower Classic XC races to keep things consistent for the Triple Crown Championships. These categories are 6-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16 and 17-18. There will be awards for the top-3 finishers in each category for male and female participants. Awards for this race will be held at the Junior Bike Week event tent located at the Crested Butte Community School soccer field (818 Red Lady Avenue) at approximately 1 pm.
- Noon - 2 pm: The CB Devo High School Race Team will be hosting a KILLER BBQ lunch for just $16 at the Junior Bike Week event tent at the Crested Butte Community School soccer field, located at 818 Red Lady Avenue. Plate includes a Parker Pastures grassfed burger, Mulay brat, or garden burger + bag of chips + cookie + drink. IT’S A STEAL FOR A MEAL!! :)
- Please visit our event website for all Junior Bike Week details.
A FAMILY BIKE MOVIE & RAFFLE AT JUNIOR BIKE WEEK HQ IN THE CRESTED BUTTE COMMUNITY SCHOOL MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM! WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THIS FILM WILL BE A SPECIAL SCREENING OF THE BEST MOUNTAIN BIKING FILM TO HIT THE BIG SCREEN IN YEARS - TETON GRAVITY RESEARCH: ESPERANTO!!
7:00 pm Start, film run time is +/- 70-minutes
Movie is FREE to attend; raffle tickets will be 1/$5 and 5/$20.