|!! DETAILS BELOW HAVE BEEN MOST RECENTLY UPDATED ON APRIL 19, 2023 !!
AS OF APRIL 19, OUR VAN/CAMPER CAMPING IS AT CAPACITY! WE DO HAVE PLENTY OF TENT CAMPING SITES AVAILABLE AND RECENTLY HAVE FINALIZED A 20% DISCOUNT FOR ALL JUNIOR BIKE WEEK FAMILIES AT THE GRAND LODGE, LOCATED AT THE CRESTED BUTTE MOUNTAIN RESORT BASE AREA. PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BOOK YOUR RESERVATION.
EVENT CAMPING OPENS AT NOON ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21 AND WE KINDLY ASK THAT ALL TENTS, CAMPERS, AND VANS BE CLEARED OUT BY 5 PM ON SUNDAY, JUNE 25.
Wednesday, June 21 - TRAIL WORK DAY
Thursday, June 22 - JUNIOR BIKE WEEK KICK OFF PARTY - PRESENTED BY ORANGE SEAL
3:00 pm: In partnership with the Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association and the Crested Butte Development Team, Junior Bike Week will host a family-friendly trail work day at the Town of Crested Butte Bike Park located next to the Crested Butte Community School at 1005 9th Street. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Please be sure to bring gloves, close-toed shoes, sunscreen, and a water bottle. We will meet at Junior Bike Week HQ (Town of Crested Butte Bike Park) and get the pump track dialed for the Pump Track Challenge that will be held on Saturday, June 24. Due to the nature of the trail work that we have scheduled for this event, we ask that participants be 10+ years of age.
3:00 pm: Enduro courses will be marked today for pre-ride at Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
- 4:00 pm: Our SILENT AUCTION event is up and running so you can preview and bid on amazing items and experiences donated by our fabulous event sponsors + local business supporters. Bidding will be open until 3 pm on Friday, August 18 - the final day of 2023 CB Devo programming.
Friday, June 23 - ENDURO & CRESTED BUTTE DEVO MOVIE NIGHT
- 3:00 pm: All Junior Wildflower Classic race courses will be marked today for pre-ride.
- 4:00 pm: Early Rider Check-In for Enduro, Pump Track, and Junior Wildflower Classic events. We will be in the Crested Butte Community School Multi-Purpose Room ready to distribute race plates, swag, etc. until 7 pm. You can pick up your Silipint for the mocktail party and browse Junior Bike Week merchandise for sale at this time.
- 5:00 pm: Junior Bike Week KICK OFF CELEBRATION will begin at the Crested Butte Community School soccer field, located in the event tent at 818 Red Lady Avenue. We'll be playing music and serving up summer-inspired mocktails by The Horsefeather Mobile Bar for everyone. This event is free for all race participants with a $5 suggested donation for everyone else. The first 200 guests will receive a commemorative 16 oz Junior Bike Week + Orange Seal Silipint cup that you can use for your mocktail, and throughout the festival, to help us keep as much waste out of the landfill as possible.
- 5:00-7:00 pm: Adult "NO DROP" group ride with the Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association Board of Directors on town trails. Meet at Junior Bike Week HQ, the Town of Crested Butte Bike Park.
- 6:00 pm: Foot Down and Tire Huck fun competitions supported by Five Ten and Schwalbe Tires, respectively.
- 7:00 pm: Enduro Volunteer Meeting in the Crested Butte Community School Multi-Purpose Room; we need course marshals and category sweeps for this event. Please email director@JuniorBikeWeek.com if you are interested in joining us.
- The amazing Crested Butte Devo fundraiser SILENT AUCTION will be on display and we’ll have some great items and experiences for you to bid on throughout the evening. All proceeds benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that supports our valley's youngest riders on and off the bike. Bidding will be open until 3 pm on Friday, August 18 - the final day of 2023 CB Devo programming.
We are excited to share that the 2023 Junior Bike Week Enduro will be held at Crested Butte Mountain Resort! We will announce this stage on Monday, June 12 on our Instagram @Junior_Bike_Week and Facebook @JuniorBikeWeek pages as well as the Junior Bike Week Team App.
PLEASE VISIT THE SCHEDULE PAGE AT JUNIORBIKEWEEK.COM FOR ALL LOGISTICAL DETAILS!! BE SURE TO REQUEST TO JOIN THE JUNIOR BIKE WEEK TEAM APP FOR FESTIVAL UPDATES, INCLUDING ENDURO STAGE COURSE INFO.
PRELIMINARY EVENT DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A FAMILY BIKE MOVIE & RAFFLE AT THE RECENTLY RE-OPENED, FOREVER AWESOME CRESTED BUTTE MAJESTIC THEATRE LOCATED AT 507 RED LADY AVENUE, NEXT TO CLARK'S MARKET. (As of January 31, 2023 this event is SOLD OUT; however, we may be able to move this movie into a bigger theater in which case we’d have additional tickets available. We’ll keep you posted on the Junior Bike Week Team App as we get closer.)
7:00 pm Start, film run time is +/- 70-minutes
Movie is $15 to attend; raffle tickets will be 1/$5 and 5/$20.